Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an appointment?
- Click here to fill out our Callback Request form. We will call you within 24 hours to help you schedule an appointment.
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
- Please contact us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment to change or cancel.
What are "same day appointments"?
- Same day appointments occur on the day you call the office. In most cases, we are usually able to accommodate patients during regular practice hours the same day you call.
Which insurance plans do you accept?
- You can find information on our accepted insurance plans here.
What services do you offer?
- We offer initial consultations and provide follow up care for all aspects of adult patients’ health. These include preventive care and wellness, routine check-ups, management of acute and chronic health problems, medical and laboratory tests on site. We also provide geriatric care and offer geriatric consultations
What is a geriatric consultation?
- FAU Geriatricians are available for consultations in collaboration with primary care physicians. Geriatricians are experts at managing the care of older adults
with multiple medical problems, impairments in functional ability and cognitive function (including various forms of dementia) and complex medication
regiments. Geriatricians also focus on, providing person-centered care to older adults, their families, and caregivers by helping make decisions on goals of care
in relation to complex medical problems.
For more information on geriatric medicine consultations, click here.
Do you treat children?
- All of our patients must be 18 or older.
I am an FAU employee. Will my personal health information be kept private?
- All patients' personal health information is secured through a credentialed third party. Your information will not be shared with Florida Atlantic University.